Knocking down a forest to sell toys to rich boys?
In the age of climate crisis, how can we still invest in cars, car culture? Voice your indignance, be the change:
- Call and email the Mayor and your City Councillor — tell them you think the climate crisis is more important than outdated status symbols, conspicuous consumption.
- Support local groups: Active City, Bike Ottawa, EnviroCentre, Canada Walks, Transport Action.
- Whenever possible, choose alternatives to private car ownership: #ActiveTransportation, car-sharing (e.g. Communauto), live locally
- Be proud of walking, cycling, using your car as little as possible!
- Choose sustainable living over car tunnel-vision.