It’s finally happening, the world is waking up to the climate crisis. Oil companies are in court for lying, the truth is coming out about climate breakdown, and millions are standing up for truth and action. All this is thanks to you — everyday people who care about our future — and are doing everything we can. It is only with our eyes wide open, that we have the opportunity to rebuild our world.
In the news:
- Were you lied to? Fooled? Angry? For decades, the oil and gas industry has “deliberately misled [the public] about climate change”: The Guardian | Los Angeles Times | EcoWatch | How the fossil fuel industry deliberately misled Americans about climate change
- A scary year for climate change — Scientific American
- Here’s what 2030 could look like if we win the war on climate change — World Economic Forum
- Climate news and updates: The Guardian | Grist.org | CBC | World Economic Forum | National Observer | NPR | EcoWatch | The Nation | Common Dreams | The Intercept | Climate Action Network Canada – Groups & Organizations
What you can do:
- Support groups and organizations working for climate action: Climate Action Network Canada | GoodWork. Join two or three that seem most important to you. Without you and me, they are nothing — our participation is crucial.
- Live as sustainably as you can. Reduce your consumption, fly less or not at all, switch to renewables. It might sound difficult, but it will lead to a happier, healthier life. Top Ten Things You Can Do About Climate Change
- Participate in nonviolent Climate Strikes. Strikes continue every Friday in thousands of locations worldwide. The next Global Strike is planned for Friday November 29. Join a strike or start your own: Fridaysforfuture.ca | FridaysforFuture.org | GoodWork.ca/Strike
Do meaningful work:
- Work for climate action: GoodWork.ca/Climate
- Work for a greener world: GoodWork.ca/Now
- Volunteer & board positions: GoodWork.ca/Volunteer
Because, without a stable climate and a healthy ecosystem, there is no economy, no future.