Symposium 2016 – Moving Towards Sustainable Energy
Thu Oct 20 to Fri Oct 21, 2016
Westin Hotel | Ottawa, ON
Symposium 2016 will bring together distinguished leaders and innovators to address critical sustainable energy issues: the future of the electricity grid, carbon pricing, energy storage, health implications, bioenergy, sustainable transportation, and ways to mobilize Canadians to embrace the greener and cleaner economy of tomorrow.
A sample of confirmed speakers include:
• Honourable Catherine McKenna, Minister of Environment and Climate Change Canada
• Honourable Jim Carr, Minister of Natural Resources Canada
• Merran Smith, Director, Clean Energy Canada
• Mark Jaccard, Energy Economist / Professor of Sustainable Energy, Simon Fraser University
• Andrea Reimer, Vancouver City Councillor / Lead Councillor on award-winning “Greenest City Action Plan”
• Linda Coady, Chief Sustainability Officer, Enbridge
• Annette Verschuren, Chair and CEO, NRStor Inc.
• Honourable Sergio Marchi, President and CEO, Canadian Electricity Association
• Celine Bak, Founder and CEO, Analytica Advisors
• Paul Crowley, Director, WWF-Canada’s Arctic Program
We are pleased to announce iPolitics as the event’s official media partner.
Symposium 2016 will also include a special iPoliticsLive Event on energy policy on Day 1 – October 20. For details and registration, visit our site: